Our brewing roots trace back to 1711 in Westphalia, later part of Prussia and eventually Germany. The original beers brewed in this pub are unknown, but our family moved to the US in 1870 and brewed a handful of lager beers. The G/B brand was introduced in 1911 and came to be a regional favorite by the 1950s. It fell to the rise of national breweries and discontinued by Falstaff in 1960. It was resurrected in 2002 through contract brewing and by 2019 we had brought production in house.
Our brewery is the only brewery in St. Louis City north of the Delmar divide, where once dozens of breweries flourished. Focusing on a handful of generations-old recipes, we have renewed our commitment to sustainability, inclusivity and diversity in the industry.