FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3RD 2017: BREWERY TOUR & FRIDAY SOCIAL
BREWERY TOURS @ SMARTMOUTH BREWING COMPANY
309 Raleigh Ave
Norfolk, VA 23507
PLEASE EMAIL JASPERAKERBOOM@GMAIL.COM IF YOU ARE COMING SO WE HAVE AN APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS. SINCE NOT EVERYBODY IS ABLE TO JOIN FOR BREWERY TOURS, WE ARENOT PROVIDING TRANSPORTATION TO THIS EVENT.
SOCIAL GET TOGETHER @ GORDON BIERSCH - VIRGINIA BEACH
4561 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
This event is open to everyone, so bring a friend! You do not need to register for the full meeting to attend the Friday Social. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time with your online registration, and will also be available at the door.
TICKETS $10, INCLUDES BEER AND FOOD
WE WILL PROVIDE A SHUTTLE. IT PICKUP FROM HOTEL "DAYS INN VIRGINIA BEACH AT THE BEACH" IN VIRGINIA BEACH (SEE HOTEL INFORMATION BELOW) TO GORDON BIERSCH AND BACK. WE URGE PEOPLE TO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. MAKE USE OF THIS SERVICE IF YOU CAN!
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4TH: 2017 FALL TECHNICAL MEETING
Green Flash Brewing Company
1209 Craft Lane
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
We are planning a shuttle to and from "DAYS INN VIRGINIA BEACH AT THE BEACH" in Virginia Beach for participants.
7:30AM Shuttle pickup from "Days Inn Virginia Beach at the Beach" (Will loop so if you miss it don't fret, it's a 20 minute ride)
8:30AM Registration, Coffee and Snacks
5:30-8:00PM Happy Hour Social (Bring your beer to share and items for the raffle!)
8:00PM Shuttle Pickup from Green Flash Brewing Company, drop-off at "Days Inn Virginia Beach at the Beach" in Virginia Beach
INSTEAD OF PROVIDING SATURDAY DINNER, WE OPTED TO PROVIDE A SHUTTLE TO THE SOCIAL HOUR ON FRIDAY.
SPEAKER LINEUP (not in order, prelim talk titles)
Michael Sutton (Hopsteiner) - 2017 Hop Harvest Update
Speaker tbd - Proximity Malt - Barley update
Larry Mendoza (VCU) - Chemical Safety
Mark Sammartino (MBAA)- Enzymes in Brewing
Eric Jorgenson - Bacteria in Brewing Ecosystems
Audrey Reid (Imbibe Solutions) - dO in canned beer
Victor Rini (The Brewers' Art) - MBAA Grant
- Registration fees include a morning snack, coffee and lunch on Saturday. The Friday Social will be a ticketed event. Be sure to buy your ticket when you register if you plan on coming, so we can get a good head count.
- Registration must be submitted online. It is not possible to register at the meeting.
- Registration is non-refundable. We organize and pay for meals in advance, based on registration.
- Registration is limited to 100 attendees.
- We are offering a shuttle service from the hotel "Days Inn" to Gordon Biersch and back for participants, so you do not have to drive. This shuttle service will also be provided on Saturday for the actual meeting.
- We will not provide dinner on Saturday. However, there are several breweries in the Tidewater area, and many are excited to have you visit after the meeting is adjourned.
- Non-members must click the "create a new account" option at the login. You will not be required to join MBAA, but we encourage you to!
- If you have questions about the meeting, please contact email@example.com
EARLY: $39 member/ $59 non-member/ $39 student (Cut-off date: 09/04/2017)
REGULAR: $59 member/ $79 non-member/ $39 student (Cut-off date: 10/04/2017)
PROCRASTINATOR: $79 member/ $99 non-member/ $39 student (Cut-off date: 11/04/2017)
FRIDAY SOCIAL: $10 per person, open to anyone, need not be attending the technical meeting
Due to the low season, we are not able to negotiate a lower rate. However, the rates are extremely competitive in Virginia Beach. There are numerous hotels in walking distance from the planned shuttle pickup, ranging from 59 dollar to 159 dollar a night, so there is something for everyone.
As always, don't procrastinate and book your hotel in time. I have listed the prices for the November weekend that I pulled from aggregator websites on August the 10th, obviously those are subject to change. This list is not complete, there are many more.
Days in at the Beach, Virginia Beach ($59)
1000 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South ($93)
1011 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront ($139)
901 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Barclay Tower Suites ($93)
809 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Quality Inn Suites Oceanfront ($93)
705 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Transportation to and from events will be provided by shuttle.
Our sponsors help us put together great meetings while keeping registration fees low. The following sponsorships are available for the 2016 Spring Meeting:
- Level 1 includes your logo on this page, and all reminder emails- $100
- Level 2 includes your logo displayed on-screen before the technical meeting and during all breaks, plus Level 1 benefits- $200
- Level 3 Exclusive Friday Social Sponsor, plus Level 1 and 2 benefits- $500
- Level 4 Exclusive Transportation Sponsor, plus Level 1 and 2 benefits- $500